What are the possible side effects of ZEPZELCA® (lurbinectedin)?
ZEPZELCA can cause serious side effects, including:
Low blood cell counts. Low blood counts including low neutrophil counts
(neutropenia) and low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) are common with
ZEPZELCA, and can also be severe. Some people with low white blood cell
counts may get fever, or an infection throughout the body (sepsis), that can
cause death. Your healthcare provider should do blood tests before you
receive each treatment with ZEPZELCA to check your blood cell counts.
Tell your healthcare provider right away if you develop:
- fever or any other signs of infection
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- pale colored skin
- Liver problems. Increased liver function tests are common with
and can also be severe. Your healthcare provider should do blood tests to
check your liver function before you start and during treatment with ZEPZELCA.
Tell your healthcare provider right away if you develop symptoms of liver problems including:
- loss of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- pain on the right side of your stomach area (abdomen)
- Severe muscle problems (rhabdomyolysis). Tell your healthcare provider if you have severe muscle pain or weakness.
Your healthcare provider may temporarily stop treatment, lower your dose, or permanently stop ZEPZELCA if you develop serious side effects during treatment with ZEPZELCA.
The most common side effects of ZEPZELCA include:
- low white and red blood cell counts
- increased kidney function blood test (creatinine)
- increased liver function blood tests
- increased blood sugar (glucose)
- decreased appetite
- muscle and joint (musculoskeletal) pain
- low level of albumin in the blood
- trouble breathing
- low levels of sodium and magnesium in the blood
These are not all of the possible side effects of ZEPZELCA.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects to Jazz Pharmaceuticals at 1-800-520-5568.
Get answers to Frequently asked questions about ZEPZELCA >>